Warehouse Technician/Driver

Application Deadline: August 2, 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: $16 to $18/hour
Province: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Employee Benefits: Health, Other
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Supervisor

Looking for a hard working, open minded individual who is willing to learn and adapt with the ever-changing events industry. Bespoke Audio Visual services the technical side of corporate events. While comprehensive knowledge of audio visual equipment is not necessary, it is definitely an asset.

  • Must have full G drivers license and be willing to drive 18'-26' trucks.
  • Prior warehousing experience is an asset.
  • Ability to lift 50+lbs and be on your feet your an extended period of time is required.
  • Timing of work will fluctuate depending on event schedules but there are guaranteed hours for all FT employees.

Job Description

The Warehouse Technician & Driver will be responsible for providing key warehouse, logistics and transportation support, as well as on-site technical support. Reporting primarily to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Technician & Driver will spend approximately 90% of their time between the warehouse and transportation duties, and the other 10% in the field executing events. This position comprises an average 40-hour workweek.

Reports To

Operations Manager

Logistics & Transportation (45%)

  • Execute the transportation of equipment to and from event venues as necessary.
  • Execute pickups and drop-offs of equipment to and from rental vendors.
  • Act as the Bespoke Audio Visual liaison to clients, vendors and event venue staff during pickups/drop-offs and positively uphold the standards of the Bespoke AV brand.
  • Adhere to all safety standards and laws laid out by the Ministry of Transportation Ontario as pertains to the driving of Bespoke AV leased, owned and rented vehicles.
  • Observe all safety standards as noted in Bespoke AV policy as pertains to the driving of Bespoke AV leased, owned and rented vehicles.

Warehouse (45%)

  • Assisting with the prep and de-prep of shows as necessary.
  • Assist the Operations Manager with general warehouse organization and upkeep.
  • Maintain a sound knowledge of Flex Rental Solutions software.
  • Uphold Bespoke AV safety standards at all times when executing activities in the warehouse.
  • Participate in company meetings as necessary and offer ideas and solutions to warehouse/logistics challenges as they arise.

On-Site (10%)

  • Provide technical expertise to clients during install and dismantle of events.
  • Operate audio-visual equipment during events when necessary.
  • Take initiative to vocalize what systems and/or equipment you would like to become more fluent on and set goals in conjunction with the Operations Team to provide on-site opportunities to do so.
  • Provide leadership and direction to junior technician contractors on-site.
  • Set a positive example amongst contractors by liaising with clients in a polite and professional manner and ensure that the Bespoke AV brand standards are met and exceeded.

Additional Terms

  • Other duties as necessary may be required and are expected from the position within reason.
  • All percentages of Key Duties subject to alteration as necessary.

Bespoke Audio Visual offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.

Bespoke Audio Visual is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Bespoke Audio Visual will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.

About Bespoke Audio Visual

Bespoke Audio Visual is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Bespoke Audio Visual will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.

Bespoke Audio Visual seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Bespoke Audio Visual will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.

Bespoke Audio Visual strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Bespoke Audio Visual will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.

Qualified applicants should email their resume to [email protected].